1. How to connect
|1||Attach the Alarm Unit to dialysis machine’s IV pole / drip stand. (fig 1)|
|2||Connect the AC adapter to a wall outlet and to the black-colored connector on the Alarm Unit. (fig 2)|
|3||Connect the optical extension fiber to the alarm unit. Turn the coupling roughly a 1/3 turn to lock it. Check that the coupling is looked.
3. Open and check that the sensor patch. (fig 3).
|4||Activate the alarm unit by pushing the on/off button and check that the indicator lights are on and that the alarm signal can be heard by the staff in the clinic or observing person at home.|
|5||To stop testing the indicator lights and the alarm signal, push the on/off button again. The green indicator lights starts to flash together with a intermittent signal.|
|6||Connect the fiber from the sensor patch to the optical extension fiber. Open the connector on the end of the optical extension fiber by holding in the locking button, inserting the sensor patch fiber from the sensor patch until it stops/resists, then releasing the lock button. When the green indicator lights is solid, and the intermittent signal is turned off the monitoring function is working correctly.|
Make sure the area around the needle is dry.
Apply the sensor patch to the skin over the needle with the absorbent part of the sticker centered directly over the insertion point. Be sure that the self-adhesive part of the patch does NOT cover the wings. (fig. 4)
|9||Secure the needles in place as usual using tape or similar material and according to the existing policy and procedure. Dressing material may be applied directly over the surface of the sensor patch. (fig. 5)|
|10||Redsense is now monitoring the venous needle blood access indicated by the steady green light on the display.|
|11||For more detailed information about how to use the Redsense alarm system, please download Instructions for use / Alarm Unit, Fiber optic extension & Sensor patch below.|
2. How to disconnect
|1||Press the on/off button on the device. The green light will go out.|
|2||Disconnect the sensor patch from the fiber optic extension by depressing the locking button while pulling the stem out of the fiber optic extension. (fig 3)|
|3||Clean the fiber optic extension fiber and alarm unit after each use with a damp cloth moistened with an alcohol-based disinfectant or wipe. The sensor patch can be disposed as per your SOP for dialysis waste.|
3. Symbol and terms
Alarms and Warnings
A flashing green indicator light indicates that the alarm unit is performing a self-test. During this test, a
number of parameters are checked that may eventually need to be adjusted. These are displayed when
the following lights and symbols appear:
- The yellow indicator light, which is marked with a warning symbol, can indicate any of the following: Moisture has come in contact with the sensor. The sensor has come loose, is not connected or has been broken. The optical extension fiber is not connected correctly.
- If all of the indictor lights are flashing, an internal error has been detected. Contact Redsense Medical for additional support.
Any problems must be corrected before attempting to restart the alarm unit. If blood or moisture has
come in contact with the sensor, it must be replaced with a new sensor. If some other technical problem
occurs, do not use the alarm unit, rather switch to another Redsense alarm unit and contact Redsense
Medical for additional support.
While the unit is running, the green indicator light will light up continuously, and in the event of an error
the following alarm signals may be heard:
- The red indicator lights followed by a continuous alarm signal, indicate that blood has been detected by the sensor, either because the venous needle has been dislodged or leakage has occurred. First, deal with the leak and then turn off the alarm by holding in the button for at least 1 second.
- The yellow warning indicator light followed by an intermittent alarm signal indicates one of the following: Moisture has come in contact with the sensor. The sensor has come loose, is not connected or has been broken. The optical extension fiber is not connected correctly. Turn off the alarm by keeping the on/off button pressed, fix the cause of the alarm and then restart the alarm unit.
- The yellow warning indicator together with the battery indicator, followed by an intermittent alarm signal, means that the alarm unit is no longer receiving power from the AC adapter, which means that monitoring can no longer be performed correctly. In this case, turn off the alarm unit by keeping the button pressed in, then fix the cause of the AC power failure for the alarm unit.
- If all the indicator lights are flashing, followed by an intermittent alarm signal, this indicates an internal error. Turn off the alarm unit by holding in the button and continue running the dialysis without monitoringwith Redsense. Contact Redsense Medical for additional support.